Friday, February 5, 2010

I Love My Job!

Just looking into the precious faces of my students energizes me.  We are in the midst of Recorder Karate and 4th graders are learning so much with this incredible program by Barb Philipak!  The 3rd graders are also reading music so well!  I love watching them learn.  Oh...and we started a unit on the Blues today in 5th grade.  Wow... We watched some incredible videos of Johnny Lee Hooker, B. B. King and one of the late Tony Snow.  I think they are hooked.  The Blues are amazing.  I love it and hope to pass that love onto my students.  6th wrapped up their Bach podcasts.  I think it was a little long for them.  They are ready to move and groove again.  Soon we will be dancing.  Oh...I love singing true love songs with my kinders, 1st and 2nd graders.  I tell them this is not the mushy, gushy, kissy, smoochy love, but true family and friendship love.  Kinders LOOOOOOOve "I'm a Little Teapot" which is not really a "love" song but it's still sweet.  We shared sugar cubes.  So fun.  I'm blessed to do what I do.  

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Lukow I can't wait to do Bouncing to the Beat! Love, Kori Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited too Kori! It is so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comments that are kind, courteous and thoughtful. Thanks.