Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Practice Makes Permanent

I asked my students to finish my sentence: "Practice makes ______________" Most of them said, "perfect." No... practice doesn't make perfect unless you practice perfectly. Practice makes permanent.

Whatever you do over and over again is what you practice. You can practice being lazy or you can practice accomplishment. You can practice being a slob or you can practice neatness. You can practice complaining or you can practice gratitude. Whatever you practice is what you get...or what you'll be.

We practice wonderfulness in music every day so when we present our program...we will be wonderful! It's not OK to be OK. Not with me as their teacher. It's my choice to coach my students to excellence. Every day. Every time.

Practice make permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments that are kind, courteous and thoughtful. Thanks.