Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer Vacation

Well...we are almost a week into "summer" vacation.  It has been beautiful Spring weather and I've loved sleeping past 5:30 a.m. every day!   I am usually an early morning gal but I sure enjoy 6:30 or 7:00 a.m. more than I used to!

So far this summer, I've read a couple of books, gone shopping with my lovely daughter, spent time working in our yard, cooked some wonderful meals and enjoyed my family more than ever.  In a few weeks, we will head to Colorado for a few short days of vacation and the wedding of a life-long friend's son.  Such joy.

We will also visit Pikes Peak where I will shoot video and stills of the famous mountain from atop which Katherine Lee Bates wrote the lovely song, "America, The Beautiful."  I'm excited to make a new iMovie for my students.

Summer is a time of refreshing, renewal, organization, planning and rest...all for the coming year.  I will teach piano and voice lessons, fine-tune my plans for the coming year and yes...I will rest.  

A song we sing at the end of every year in K-2nd grader is called "School is Coming To An End."  It's by Teresa Jennings and it sums it up:  School Is Coming To An End
Enjoy.    See you in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments that are kind, courteous and thoughtful. Thanks.