Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Teacher's Summer

Summer is a time for me to plan and create for the new school year. I read and review materials old and new, encourage new teachers, collaborate with colleagues, reorganize my rooms...yes...I have three, experiment with new music, plan programs, eliminate waste..both in the file cabinet and in my plans, disinfect and repair instruments and the list goes on. This doesn't even include taking classes both in person and on-line. I am not taking any classes this year as I am concentrating on building and maintaining my health with much rest and care. Being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis has certainly changed the look of my driven nature. I still drive, but I pace myself more carefully. I have many new and wonderful things planned for the coming year and I can't wait to share them with my students whom I do miss!

 Theme for the coming year... Music Moves Me!

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, you are such a blessing to many on the MK8 list. Thanks for your generous spirit. When did you have your diagnosis? I am challenged to do more of the things you stated at my 3 schools. Trying to get my resources organized so when things are wild, I can find them. Where do you start with planning a program? Theme, songs you love or loyal to a publisher? BlesSINGS! from De in Ohio

    ReplyDelete

Leave comments that are kind, courteous and thoughtful. Thanks.