Sunday, July 3, 2011

Always dreaming...

We were cruising down the Hwy. on the 2nd day of July, my lovely daughter and me, when we passed the home of one of my co-workers, such a sweetheart of a lady, when it came to me!

This is what we need to do with the spaces of our theme song!  

You will not even know what I'm talking about but...this is what happens to me: everywhere I go, I think of what I could do to incorporate something wonderful in my music classroom.  After shopping for cute clothes, and yes, I always think of how comfortable and stylish it will be in the classroom, we walked by a "dollar" store.  I had to go in to see what fun things were waiting for me on the shelves that I could use for school!   I didn't find anything this time but I will be back!

I'm obsessive about making my music room relevant and fascinating for my students!  And I love every minute of it!
And what about thrift stores?  Yes!  Here are a few of the items I have snagged through the years:
French horn...not even kidding...
Bongo drum...tall...fun...awesome...
Bop-it game...works great...
Stools...two of them...
Videos/DVDs...
CDs...less expensive than iTunes...
Books...so many I can't count...
Bean bag animals...I have over a hundred...
Maracas...
Baskets for storage...
Hats for props...
I even got a shirt for a bulletin board.  It says:
   "Real men sing real loud!"
I turned it into a cool dude and stapled him up!
Always on the hunt...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments that are kind, courteous and thoughtful. Thanks.