Saturday, January 10, 2015

Planning for April

In April 2015, we commemorate the 150th anniversary of the end of the Civil War.  I think this is worth celebrating with the amazing music from that time!   We sang The Battle Hymn For Gettysburg in September and it quickly became a favorite! I showed the Gettysburg clip from Remember The Titans for a current connection.   Here are a few ideas from my favorite music education magazine MK8.

Aura Lee for recorder.
Goober Peas - One of my favorites.
Down By The Riverside - Great for harmony.
Blessed Peace from MK8 is a beautiful new one.
When Johnny Comes Marching Home for recorder

Here is a whole list from Music K8!

I own this CD and use it often for listening examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments that are kind, courteous and thoughtful. Thanks.