Sunday, September 25, 2016

How many more years?

I'm going to be 55 years old this year.   One of my best friends from high school, who is also a teacher, is retiring this year.  It really has me thinking.

I love teaching music.  I love the creativity and joy.  I love hearing my students grow in their musicality.   It is also a physically demanding job!   Nine years ago I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.   I struggled and didn't see how I could continue teaching.  Thankfully within the past two years, I have found Plexus and these products have turned my health around so now I know I can continue to teach as long as I want, but how long do I want?

In two years, my school district will have a new elementary school.  I have taught in so many little schools within our district that I am very excited about this!  I want to spend some time teaching in one building instead of running from place to place!  And... I want to build a program that my successor can step into and have good quality resources to continue our excellent music program. 


And so now I am considering when.  A very good question.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments that are kind, courteous and thoughtful. Thanks.